Gratuity is not included in the rate and is encouraged.
Massage is a wonderful way to relax, regain strength, increase energy, and tone your muscles and skin. Through massage you can reduce the stress and muscle tension that over time can lead to more serious issue in the body.
During massage, when you are at ease, the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS) is engaged. The PNS allows overall relaxation to heal and encourage an overall sense of well-being.
- Alleviates over-all body aches and pains.
- Alleviates low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Decreases the dependency on medication.
- Stimulates the immune system by stimulating lymph flow.
- Exercises and stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Can help prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- May improve the condition of the skin.
- Facilitates and increases movement in the joints.
- May lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Helps decrease chronic inflammation.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Often reduces insomnia.
The benefits of Pre- & Perinatal Massage Therapy:
- Reduces musculoskeletal pain & strain
- Facilitates good prenatal physiological process such as hormones, respiration, gastrointestinal function, urinary tract health.
- May reduce edema & high blood pressure by increasing blood & lymph circulation
- Reduces stress & promotes relaxation
- Provides emotional support & physical nurturing
- Contributes the developing of kinesthetic awareness, flexibility & prepares the body for child birthing
- May reduce the complications, medication & interventions during labor
Improves the infant’s sense of well being
- Assists in postpartum recovery, restoration of structural & abdominal healing from a Cesarean birth
- Gives reliefs from childcare activity that strains the muscles
Please talk to your doctor prior to booking a massage if any of the following pertain to you:
- Mother is younger than 20 or over 35
- Mother know she is having multiple babies
- Mother has genetic disorder (such as Multiple Sclerosis, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism or being Rh-negative…)
- Mother has skeletal abnormality
- If the mother has a history of miscarriage or problems during a previous pregnancy
- Mother is exposed to hazardous materials, drugs, alcohol or cigarettes
- Maternal Illness (such as Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Cardiac & Renal disease or disorder, Liver disease or disorder, or Connective tissue disorder)
- Mother has Uterine Abnormalities (such as fibroids or surgery)
- If mother has ANY other medical complication caused by pregnancy
- Water regulates body temperature
- Water moistens tissues, especially in the mouth, eyes & nose
- Water lubricates joints
- Water protects organs & tissues
- Water helps prevent constipation
- Water lessons the work done in the kidneys & liver by flushing out waste products
- Water assists the body in dissolving minerals and other nutrients to make them available for the body
- Water carries nutrients & oxygen to the bodies cells
I will come to you, set up my table in the comfort of your home and provide a therapeutic massage for you to relax.
You can unwind, be at ease and let go in your space without traveling to & from the massage.
Massage is an experience that I would like to make as beneficial to my clients as I can and with this intention I conscientiously will encourage and provide organic options!
I offer an Organic Option so that during your sessions the health benefits that are inherent to massage will be fully received without the chemicals and fragrances that are commonly used in fabrics & cleaning products. Our environment is both surrounding us & within us. From the air we breath and what we consume, to the products we put on our skin, our bodies absorb it. Massage it beneficial on many levels and I am extremely excited to take your experience to the next level!
When you choose ORGANIC you will receive your massage with all Organic Sheets, Blankets, Oil or Lotion plus Aromatherapy (value of $5) to enhance the benefits of your massage!
By supporting and choosing an organic green option you are contributing to my ability to offer even more organic and green services. I sincerely thank you for your interest in organic and I hope to have the opportunity to provide you with this extremely healthy option.
- Organic Cotton Flannel Sheet Set.
- Organic Cotton Blanket.
- Lotus Touch Organic Naturals Massage Oil.
- Lotus Touch Organic Naturals Massage Lotion.
- Aromatherapy options will be discussed at the time you make your appointment.
Myofascial Release promotes positive, structural changes to decrease acute and chronic pain, discomfort and dysfunction. Restrictions in the fascia are often the result of injury, trauma, inflammation responses, surgery or chronic conditions. The fascia is connective tissue that with restrictions can lead to numerous dysfunctions in the body. Myofascial Release:
- Increases blood circulation
- Decreases pain
- Realigns muscles fibers
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Restores muscle elasticity
- Speeds up the healing time post injury
- Increases Range of Motion
- Can Eliminate Subconscious “Holding or Bracing Patterns”
- Increases Your Proprioceptive Awareness
- Increases Functional Mobility of the Neuro/Myofascial/Osseous Systems
Therapeutic Insight by John F. Barnes 4/2/2012
JFB, Myofascial Release Articles
Please ask about this therapy if you are experiencing or have experienced:
- Back Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Disc Problems
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Neurological Dysfunction
- Chronic Fatigue
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel
- Jaw Pain (TMJ)
- Painful Scars
- Plantar Fasciitis
* Many other conditions may benefit from this work. This list represents some of the most common. MFR helps… by JFB.
*Please read more about Myofascial Release & if you have any questions as to why I do it, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment. 🙂
Deep Tissue Massage has many benefits. It commonly allows for emotional release, postural realignment, increased energy and range of motion in joints, decreased pain related to specific issues, and it can break up chronically held tissues in the body that are often referred to as “knots”.
This work is excellent to address deep and chronically held tension and can be seemlessly integrated into a Swedish massage.
*Chronic means persistent or long-lasting in nature.
Zen Shiatsu is a Japanese form of bodywork based on ancient principals and theories of Chinese medicine. The word Shiatsu is a direct translation meaning “finger pressure”. Shiatsu emphasizes slow, meditative and grounded movement through meridians and energy pathways using the “Chi”, or life force energy, and breath to relax and energize the client.
The focus is to balance meridians, or energy lines, with the idea that the body is energy. By triggering the body’s energy to flow freely through the meridians we are encouraging balance within the body. Thus by creating balance, we promote health. When energy is balancing, circulation increases and the immune system is stimulated. Stimulating the immune system also invigorates the client’s chi relieving bad stress and possibly prevents illness.
The techniques include softening, stretching, vibration, percussion and most important, point work. It is done to also increase range of motion in joints, neck and shoulder stiffness, decrease pain, help with headaches, sinus congestion and can give one the greater sense of well-being.
This form of massage is very well-received because the client is fully clothed, and it can be done anytime and anywhere on a mat on the floor. The work is done with awareness of intention and rhythm to maintain a safe place for the client to receive the most benefit.
*The Craniosacral work that you will receive in your sessions is a form of Craniosacral that directly works with the fascia. The cranial work that I incorpoate into a session is essentially Myofascial Release.
Craniosacral therapists use this therapy to help clients with mental stress, neck and back pain, headaches, migraines, TMD or TMJ Syndrome, Birth Injuries, Tempoomandibular Problems, Cranial Trauma and for chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia.
“The practitioner gently works with the spine and the skull and its cranial sutures, diaphragms, and fascia. In this way, the restrictions of nerve passages are said to be eased, the movement of cerebrospinal fluid through the spinal cord is said to be optimized, and misaligned bones are said to be restored to their proper position.
“Tune into your rhythm.”
Swedish Massage is a form of western massage that can alleviate pain and tension, stretch fascia, increase range of motion, prevent the forming of adhesions, help to decrease inflammation, and increase circulation. These benefits can encourage additional benefits as the body responds.
The massage is done in a relaxing environment with oil or lotion using techniques such as Effleurage, Petrissage, Tapotement, Friction and Vibration to engage with the muscle tissue. The client is undressed to their comfort on a massage table under a sheet and blanket and the therapist professionally drapes one area of the body at a time that is being focused on.
Effleurage is a light, whole-handed gliding stroke used to apply the oil or lotion to the clients skin and when moving from one technique to the next. This movement provides a continuous flow with strokes toward the heart, returning venous blood flow and lymphatics.
Petrissage is a kneading movement. It warms the tissue for deeper work, increases circulation, decreases muscle tension, and can restore mobility.
Friction is a small deep movement that focuses on a local area. This stroke usually crosses the fiber direction to prevent and break up local adhesions and scar tissue. It stimulates local circulation and carries away metabolic waste, hydrating the tissue.
Tapotement is a rhythmic percussion done with the fingertips, side of the hand or with a cupped-soft hand. This method is used to soften tissue, stimulate the nervous system, increase blood flow to the area and tone the muscle.
Vibration is a fine tremulous movement used to stimulate nerve activity and specific internal organs and adds variety to a massage.